Click on thumbnails for view full-size version.
contributed by Barbara Chronister
- Forest Park - see
more pictures of
|1910||circa 1907||circa 1910||Entrance to Forest Park - circa late 40s - photograph|
|Entrance - 1968||Roller Coaster||Roller Coaster||
From Forest Park, the location of
|Concession Stands||Concession Stands||Concession Stands||Concession Stands|
|Concession Stands||Band Stands||
Just prior to demolition
April 11, 1971
|The roller coaster was called the Racer Dip - 1971||Demolition of the roller coaster to make room for the South Hanover Shopping Center 1971|
The white building is Parkville School located at 777 Baltimore St.
This photo was taken from the top of the hill where the entrance to Forest Park used to be. This location is now the entrance to South Hanover Shopping Center. This view is looking north toward town. In background is Mt. Olivet Cemetery-which was next to the Parkville School.
The school building later became Woodie Bowman's Restaurant. The building was torn down about 1978. Bob Morris Furniture Store now sits on school property.
Click here for enlarged picture.